I know I keep talking about fall [or lack thereof here], so to get into the season, I decided to make a fall bucket list! It can be hard to get into fall here with our unusually hot weather, but there is still plenty of fall fun to be had. And my kids have fall break this week! Whenever my oldest doesn’t have school, we like to keep busy and take advantage of our time together. So here are five things we are hoping to cross off of our bucket list this fall.
1. Lots of park time. In the summer, it’s all about the pool or anything to do with water. But in the fall and even the winter, we can be at the park for hours with little more than a light jacket. It is really one of the best parts about living here!
2. Baking. I learned to bake even before I learned to cook. Since having babies, I do it much less often, but now that they are getting older, involving them in the process is actually fun! To keep the fighting to a minimum, I keep this as a one on one activity. So I will do this while one is at school and the baby naps. Or they can take turns helping me with different parts of the process.
3. Pumpkin Patch. The standard fall activity, right?! Last year we went to the MacDonald Ranch Pumpkin Patch and even though it was hot, we had a blast! We plan to do the same this year! I know there are some other great pumpkin patches in and around Arizona though. Which one is your favorite?
4. The Phoenix Zoo. Last year we had a membership to the Phoenix Zoo and loved it! But this year with my oldest in school full time, it just didn’t make sense. We wouldn’t make it there enough times to make it worth it. So instead, I got us the POGO Pass so that we can take advantage of multiple activities [including two visits to the zoo] throughout the year for one price! I have a discount code for you if you want one, so read on to learn more about it!
5. Explore other local kid-friendly venues! We already know we love the Zoo and there are some other fun places we have been here and there around Phoenix. But there are still so many places we haven’t been! And with school out we like to keep busy. On our POGO Passes, we also can get into the i.d.e.a. museum, several amusement parks, and even sporting events! To see all the participating venues, click here.
The POGO Pass retails for $99.95 and is well worth it, even if you don’t go to ALL the different venues. But as an affiliate, I am so excited to offer you 60% OFF, making it just $39.98! If you click on this link, the discount will automatically show when you check out. Or enter code THELDLPOGO at checkout if you don’t see it there to make sure you get the deal!
This post does contain some affiliate links. As always, all opinions expressed here are my own! Thanks for supporting this blog which helps support our family.